[Test build] Version 0.4.8 RC1
Finally, more than 2 years after 0.4.7 was released, version 0.4.8 is almost ready!
But first, we release this RC to see if everything is working as expected
Some highlights in 0.4.8:
- Removed RoRConfig: All settings can now be changed inside RoR
- Submesh friction fix: Vehicles should no longer slide of trailers (See images below)
- Character vs. submesh collisions: RoRBot now can walk over trailers and cars
- Upgraded to OGRE 1.11: This should improve performance by ~10-25%
- Revival of the classic overview map: The overview map now has its icons back
- Teleport on map: Click anywhere on the overview map to teleport to that location
- Transfer cases: Now you can add a transfer case on a vehicle (See https://rigsofrods.cf/vehicle-creation/fileformat-truck/#transfercase)
- Inter-axle differentials: Now you can define inter axle differentials on a vehicle, allowing more accurate distribution of torque among the axles (See https://rigsofrods.cf/vehicle-creation/fileformat-truck/#interaxles)
- A couple of thousand bug fixes - see full changelog
Submesh friction in 0.4.7:
Submesh friction with this test build:
Please test and report any issues you observe. If no serious flaws are found in the coming weeks, we will publish an official release.
Get Rigs of Rods
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.